Best studio monitor stands for your monitors
When you start investing in improving your studio, the first thing you think about are studio monitors. Now after you found the best of the best the following problem appears: where do you put your precious monitors? Well, in order to have the entire set, you will need to buy some studio monitor stands too.
You might think that you can just put them wherever you want on some desk or something but the world is not that pink for you. In order to position the monitors correctly and to have access to their settings you will absolutely need the studio monitor stands.
Now that you are convinced, it’s time to see what are the best studio monitor stands you could buy and we are going to help you with this one. We managed to test two of the best studio monitor stands and we’re going to share the results in this article so you can make an informed decision.
On Stage SSP7950 Tripod Speaker Stand Package with Bag
These are aluminum stands with 8 holes for preset height adjustment and locking pin for extra security. You wouldn’t want those expensive, delicate monitors to stand on something that is not completely secured, right?
The package also comes with an amazing bag in which you can put two stands so it’s quite convenient. The bag comes in handy whenever you want to travel with your gear.
The On Stage SSP7950 Tripod Speaker Stand has a few great features like:
- A reversible upper shaft which makes this stand to be perfect for anything you need to support
- Safety pin for extra safety and a system for equal weight distribution
- The bag which is amazing because you can fit two stands in it
- The package comes with two tripods (as you can imagine)
- A knob to adjust the tension according to the height of the stand
- They are made from aluminum in order to be light and easy to transport
- The stands proved to be sturdy and well built
Pros and Cons
Like every product, we have a list with their greatest points and their weaknesses. This is a guide for those of you who want to buy good studio monitor stands and don’t know what to choose.
- They are robust and withstand even the biggest monitors
- You can fit many types of monitors so you don’t have to buy them for your monitors
- The bag is great for transportation
- They are easy which is another asset for travelling
- They are a bit more expensive than regular studio monitor stands
On Stage SMS6000 Adjustable Studio Monitor Stand (Pair)
We loved working with these bad boys! They are pretty robust and can hold monitors that weigh up to 100lbs. Their height can be adjusted from minimum 36 inches to maximum 52 inches and they have a 9 ½ inch square top platforms where you can put your speakers.
- Quick and easy height adjustment with the help of a locking security pin
- You can adjust the height at every 4 inch
- They are fit for large speakers being able to hold up to 100lbs
- The square top platform has a 1mm thick non-slip pad (you really don’t want to see a huge speaker slipping from the stand)
- The stand can be broke in 3 pieces for when you want to move them or simply put them away.
Pros and Cons
People who have these studio monitor stands seem to really love them and they recommend them to other sound engineers. Still we have to see both parts; we have to know the good and the not so good parts of these stands.
- They are sturdy and easy to storage
- Fit for heavy duty speakers
- Your speakers won’t slip due to the non-slip pad fitted in the square top platform
- They are at a very good price compared with other stands that are not at the same quality
- They don’t seem to fit as well in a studio where there is a carpet on the floor. It may affect their stability
- They may come with small manufacturing defects that you have to amend but in the end you will end up with a very good pair of stands
In conclusion we recommend both these stands. If your budget allows it you should buy the On Stage SSP7950 Tripod as they are indeed manufactured very carefully and everything is perfect with them. If you are on a tight budget, then the On Stage SMS6000 Stands are absolutely great. They may be a bit difficult to fit but when you manage to do that you have an amazing pair of stands in your studio.