Clary Sage Essential Oil uses
This oil is used for centuries in order to alleviate feminine problems. The content is rich in antioxidants and sclareol, a chemical element that helps in stimulating the hormone production. Thus Clary Sage Essential Oil uses are very important in hormone production offering a balancing effect in both men and women. It is also known for its efficient effect on patients with hair loss problems due to a hormonal imbalance.
The oil is extracted from Salvia sclarea of the Labiatae family and is also known as muscatel sage. The plant is from southern Europe and it is cultivated for oil production in France and Russia. The name is believed to be derived from the Latin word claris that means clear and it was well known in the middle Ages for its medicinal properties.
Clary Sage Essential Oil benefits
- Antidepressant – can boost self esteem, confidence and mental strength
- Anticonvulsive – calms down and reduces convulsions in an epileptic seizure or any other type of nervous disorder or mental condition
- Antispasmodic – muscle cramps, respiratory cramps stomachaches, headaches, and so on
- Antibacterial – kills bacteria and fungi
- Antispetic – wounds won’t become septic if this oil is applied on them
- Aphrodisiac – one of the most known properties. It is a big libido boos for both men and women
- Carminative – it will eliminate all excessive gas in your body through flatulence thus eliminating the bloated sensation
- Very useful for women on menses – calms irregular, painful menses by easing the pain and making your menses regular
- Euphoric – can induce stages of relaxation and euphoria
- Reduces blood pressure by relaxing the veins and arteries
- Maintains stomach health and regulates secretions of digestive juices
- Relieves symptoms of indigestion
Clary Sage Essential Oil benefits for skin and hair
- Reduces skin inflammations and heals rashes
- Helps stopping hair loss due to hormonal imbalance
- Helps regulate excess sebum production
- Prevents acne from forming
Other Clary Sage Essential Oil uses
This oil can be used to fight addictions (like drugs) and can stimulate a positive change of mentality.
It is also useful in treating join pain or to ease labor pains.
Color and scent: clear to pale yellow with a sweet and nutty smell
Texture: usually the texture is water-like but it can be thicker if the leaves were included in the distillation process.
Content: linalool, linalyl acetate, caryophyllene, a-terpineol, geraniol, neryl acetate, sclareol and germacrene D.
Precautions: Must be avoided during alcohol consumption as it can enhance the alcohol effects. Also if consumed in large quantities can generate headaches.
It is not recommended during pregnancy.
There are many Clary Sage Essential Oil uses but the bottom line is that it can be used to relieve pain during difficult times and it is an amazing relaxant. It can induce euphoria and peace of mind letting the spirit analyze the situations at a level where it is more freedom from emotions and problems. It is amazing during PMS and menstrual problems, it ameliorates menopause effects and is overall a friend for problems specific to women.